Everyone should have a clinic they can belong to. A place to hang your hat. A place to practice the art of therapy. Maybe a place to share resources and information. Even if it is a “Virtual Clinic”.
In the case of Move-Rx, clinics are a place to do all that* and more. The best part is that you can create your own clinic quickly and easily and it doesn’t have to be real! Once you are affiliated with a clinic you can save patients and prescriptions. The advantages of saving both are many:
- When you see a patient more than once, their information is already in the system – you simply select them out of the list (search on name, login ID, or chart number) and all their information is loaded and ready to go.
- When you load an existing patient you have the option of loading up their last prescription. Then, you aren’t starting from scratch – you can modify the existing exercises to reflect their progress, add or subtract exercises, etc.
- Patients can access their prescriptions online and see their exercises demonstrated in video – no more guessing what the line drawing or photo is really trying to portray. They can also view or print out their programs and a daily log.
- If a patient needs you to re-send a prescription it is as simple as picking them out of the list and clicking a button to resend it.
- If there are multiple people affiliated with a clinic they can share patients and saved protocols.
Those are just a couple of reasons why it is a good thing to have a clinic affiliation. It’s also really easy to set one up. Click on the “Manage my account” link in the upper right corner and then the Clinic Information tab. Click the “Create a New Clinic Profile” button. You only need to enter two things: the name of the clinic (this will be displayed on all communications with patients), and a Clinic Code. The clinic code is like a login ID in that it needs to be unique in the system.
That is all you need. If you want to enter more (and you should if you want to promote your clinic and give your patients a really easy way to find you when they need you) go ahead. All the rest is optional. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page and you are done.
If you want someone else to affiliate with your clinic, give them the clinic code. All they have to do is click the Use An Existing Clinic Profile button, enter the code and they are done. They can then start sharing patients and stored protocols.
There is a lot more detail about setting up clinics under the Help tab. Look for Account Management, Clinic Information.
*Our virtual coat rack is still in development so you really can’t hang your hat on Move-Rx.